top of page
To preserve, maintain and interpret the historic McDougall Stoney Mission Church, site and landmarks for the benefit of all visitors worldwide, for generations to come.
"From a very high foothill we gazed on this prospect with admiration and wonder. Within 3 miles stood the grand old mountain, the wild goat and sheep sporting on its highest summit. At the foot of the hill, and in perfect ignorance of our presence, a band of buffalo were feeding on the richest pasture. To the right of us, and on the North bank of the river, is the location which we have selected for our new mission."
From a letter by Rev. George McDougall dated May 28, 1873
bottom of page