The Society

THE HISTORY
The society emerged from the initial rescue of the Historical Church in 1952 by several AOTS (As One That Services) Clubs of Calgary United Churches.  The initial name was the McDougall Memorial Church Maintenance and Restoration Society.  This was formally established in 1971 by the Presbytery of the United Church of Canada with the mandate to be stewards of the site on the Presbytery's behalf.  In 1975 the name was change to the McDougall Stoney Mission Society (MSMS) with the responsibilities of oversight of the restoration, preservation, interpretation and operations of the 43.9 acres of the land east of Morley, Alberta. The Site was the centre of the Morleyville Settlement and includes the first Methodist Church in Southern Alberta.  The Site is designated as a Provincial Resource.
YEAR IN REVIEW

You can read about the annual activities of the society in our year in review series:

2020 Year In Review

2019 Year In Review

2018 Year In Review

THE BOARD

President:

Vice President:

Secretary: Sarah Harvey

Treasurer: Sharon Griffin

Director: John McDougall

Director: Dora DiLullo Patten

Director: Elder Paul Chiniquay

Past President: Brenda McQueen

Alberta Provincial

Historic Site

© 2018 MCDOUGALL STONEY MISSION SOCIETY

REGISTERED CHARITY IN CANADA #119035558 RR 0001

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED